Centennial Woodworking takes pride in our craftsmanship. Our workshop strives to make your custom cabinetry all that you want it to be. We accomplish this by starting with a personal consultation to discuss your needs and desires in custom cabinetry as well as discuss your budget.
Our kitchen designers will come to your home and sit down to talk with you about what you’d like to see in the final product, what your wishes are regarding building materials, and guide you in the design. We’ll then design a finished product according to your desires, all while considering your budget.
After signing off on the final designs, our local Greater Lansing cabinet makers will begin the construction process of your final cabinets or furniture.
Why Buy Custom Cabinets and Furniture?
When you hear the words “custom cabinets”, you probably automatically think of another word: “expensive.” Centennial Woodworking offers a quality product at an affordable price. We often hear customers say, “That was the same price I was given for a manufactured cabinet!” or “I was expecting it to be more money.”
Centennial offers our customers one-on-one service with our designers. You will be working with the designers and owner from the beginning of the process to the end. If an issue arises on installation day and something is wrong, we have the ability to remake a cabinet and get it to you within 24 hours to keep your counter template on schedule.
Supporting a Local Business
Supporting local businesses is very important for many of our customers. We offer workshop tours to show you how and who is building your cabinets. At this time, we explain in detail how everything is built and finished.
There are many things we can offer that the big box stores and manufactured cabinet companies can’t because of their process and assembly. For example, did you know that hand sanding is the key to a high-quality finish?
Our custom cabinet construction involves:
- 3/4″ plywood box (all plywood is purchased from North America)
- 1/4″ back with solid maple hanging rail
- Dovetailed drawers with Blum undermount soft close glides; 100 lb. rating per drawer. We mount our glides on 3/4″ plywood backer for maximum support. No plastic clips or side mounted glides.
- Blum soft close hinges
- Integrated decorative ends on all fully exposed ends
- Bottom of upper cabinets are finished to match cabinets
- Molding: We make and sand our own crown, step, toe kick and other moldings
- Finish: This is the most important step in building cabinets. We use conversion varnish with a high end spray system. Everything is hand sanded in a multi-step process. If it doesn’t look right, we redo it!
Get Started Today
Centennial Woodworking is proud to be a Greater Lansing cabinet maker that provides the highest quality product for our customers. Call our workshop today to schedule your free in-home consultation at (517) 449-9400, or contact us online.