If you’re remodeling your kitchen, one of the most important details to consider is the type of countertop you want to have; consider granite countertops!
The counter is the area of the kitchen that sees the most action, and you want one that looks great and performs even better. At Centennial Woodworking, our kitchen designers can help you create the custom granite countertop of your dreams.
is one of the most popular materials for kitchen countertops, and for good reason. Here are just a few reasons our designers recommends choosing granite for your kitchen remodel. Use this list as a resource for your next remodel project!
The Benefits of Granite Countertops
- Durability: Granite resists chipping and scratching, which is ideal for kitchen counters. You can even use it as a cutting surface!
- Heat-resistance: Your granite countertop won’t burn or warp if you place a hot pot or pan on its surface.
- Appearance: Granite adds value to your home overall, as everyone loves the appearance of granite. It’s available in a variety of to match any kitchen.
- Lifetime: With proper care and maintenance, granite can last for decades. Cracks or chips are easy to repair.
Caring For Granite Countertops
While granite is a highly effective material for kitchen countertops, it’s important to care for it properly. You should seal your granite countertop every year to help prevent stains. Granite is more porous than other countertop materials, so any spills should be wiped up right away in order to avoid countertop damage. If granite isn’t for you, we also offer custom quartz countertops as an option for your kitchen.
Choosing granite countertops is a great decision for your kitchen and your budget. Our Greater Lansing countertop designers is always happy to talk you through the decision process. If you’d like to contact Centennial Woodworking, give us a call at (517) 449-9400.
Quartz is rapidly growing as one of the most popular materials for kitchen countertops. Quartz countertops are made up of a blend of quartz, natural stone materials, and resin, resulting in a smooth and attractive countertop.
Our designers at Centennial Woodworking can help you create a custom quartz counter that suits your kitchen space.
The technology needed to make quartz counters is relatively recent, but many homeowners are now opting for quartz instead of granite countertops. Here are just a few reasons our designers recommends quartz kitchen countertops:
Benefits of Quartz Countertops
- Surface: Quartz is non-porous, so you don’t have to worry about stains from food or beverages—not to mention, a quartz counter won’t harbor bacteria in its surface like other materials can. It’s very easy to disinfect a quartz surface.
- Durability: Quartz is one of the most durable countertop materials on the market. It’s resistant to scuffs and scratches and won’t crack or chip with proper care.
- Color selection: As quartz is a manufactured material, it’s available in a wide range of colors and patterns. You can choose a countertop that mimics the appearance of natural stone or opt for a more modern, statement look.
- Low-maintenance: Unlike granite, quartz doesn’t need to be sealed every year. If the surface starts to look dull, a simple polish is all you need to restore its shine.
Caring For Quartz Countertops
The biggest drawback to quartz countertops is the fact that quartz is not completely heat-resistant, and will burn if hot objects are placed on it. Because of this, it’s important to use a hot pad or trivet when placing hot dishes on a quartz counter.
Quartz countertops are a great choice for your kitchen remodeling project or new construction. Our Greater Lansing kitchen designers is always happy to answer any questions you might have. If you’d like to contact Centennial Woodworking, give us a call at (517) 449-9400.